A Las Vegas water heater replacement can get pricey! For every water heater installed in Las Vegas, Henderson, North Las Vegas, & Boulder City Nevada; a permit is required. According to the Las Vegas Review Journal, “Many people don’t know that such permits are required”. There are also code upgrades such as earthquake straps or a sediment trap that will rack up the cost. In addition to this, there are typically modifications required to fit with the new water heater which will also add to the cost of a Las Vegas water heater replacement.
Our Las Vegas plumbers want to provide you with some awesome tips to increase the efficiency and longevity of your water heater!
Las Vegas water heater maintenance- One time:
- Add insulation to your water heater will reduce heat loss and therefore
- Setting the temperature – temperatures for water heaters should be at 120 degrees. Any higher will cause the tank to deteriorate more quickly.
Las Vegas water heater maintenance- Annually:
- Flushing the tank is important especially with Las Vegas water heater maintenance. The hard water in Las Vegas causes more sediment and mineral deposits which will settle inside the unit.
- Checking the anode rod is a must! After time, it starts to deteriorate which will cause rusty water within the unit.
- Check the burner on a gas units to assure cleanliness for proper functioning.
These tips not only save you money in the present, but it also helps with your future spending. A Las Vegas water heater replacement can be avoided or at least pro-longed if you take care of your existing unit! With preventative maintenance on your water heater, it could last 10-15 years! So give our Las Vegas plumbing company a call it you would like a water heater inspection or just want to inquire about other plumbing advice!