Perhaps the costliest expense in plumbing is a water line repair. If a water line breaks or if there’s a leak in it, there is no other option but to get it replaced or repaired. The worst part is that there’s no good time for a water line to break. It can happen at any time, anywhere, and without any prior notice.
Luckily, things can go a lot easier if you’re aware something’s wrong with your water line before it might need repair. Help yourself by looking out for the early warning symptoms of water line leakages so you avoid as much continuing deterioration and damage as possible. The longer a leak goes undetected, the more damage you’ll experience.
Las Vegas and Henderson plumbers want you to know that water lines can corrode over time, so it’s best to get them checked every few years. Skyrocketing water bills when you have no genuine reason to expect them can indicate a leak in your water line. Here are a few more symptoms of water line leaks you will want to be on the lookout for.
Symptoms of Water Line Leaks
- Little or no access to water at all
- Low water pressure
- Unexplainable puddles of water in your yard
- An increase in water bills
- Strange whistling and banging sounds coming from pipes
The Causes of Water Line Leaks
Here are some of the most common causes of water line leaks:
- Water lines tend to wear out over time, which is why water line repairs are necessary after a certain period of time.
- Water lines will leak if the previous plumber didn’t install them properly or opted for cheaper fittings to connect the main lines with inner ones.
- If the water lines are not installed below the frost line, chances are the water has been freezing during winter season, causing the pipe to crack and break. According to Las Vegas plumbers, the winter season is the time when most water line leaks and breakages are reported in the city.
If your water lines were installed years ago or if you think the sudden rise in your water bills has anything to do with a leak in your water line, reach out to Innovative Plumbing Pros at immediately for fast, friendly, help that gets things right the first time. Our experienced, well-trained, and licensed plumbers are simply the most reliable residential and commercial plumbers in Las Vegas, Henderson, Boulder City area. They are up for the most challenging plumbing task.